Benefits of Being a TORRANCE AREA CHAMBER Member
TACC CONNECTIONS - Connect with other business professionals for sales contacts and access to influential people.
- Networking at Noon is offered monthly at local Chamber member restaurants. This event allows you to promote your business, experience different restaurants, introduce yourself and your company with a 30 second self introduction and possibly be chosen as a spotlight speaker for a future Networking at Noon.
- New Member Orientation is a quarterly opportunity for new and prospective businesses to learn about the Chamber of Commerce optimizing the growth of your business.
TACC INVOLVEMENT - Involvement in the activities and programs of the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce allows you to access community leaders and individuals of influence while providing learning opportunities and experiences for you as a business person and individual
- Chamber Committees/Task Forces are open to all Chamber members, if interested in volunteering, please contact the Chamber.
- Chamber Ambassadors Emerging leaders who help new members assimilate into the Chamber and assist with Ribbon Cuttings/Groundbreakings
- Green Torrance Committee is a committee made up of the City of Torrance and the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce, which partner to promote environmental initiatives.
- Human Resources Professionals gathers HR generalists from small and medium sized businesses to network locally and to be trained in the latest compliance laws.
- Leadership Torrance – This six month program will allow you to gain a better understanding of local history, issues and their effect on the national and global markets.
- Tech Pros brings together technology related companies and professionals (Hardware, Software and Services) as well as those wanting to be educated in making their business tech savvy. Members grow and benefit through networking, support, education and have opportunities for group presentations.
- Young Professionals Group is a group of professionals new in their careers or young at heart. The group gets together on a monthly basis for networking, happy hours, professional growth education and community service events. The groups focus is on growing professionally as well as personally with their peers as well as working with those who have been established a little longer in their careers. It aids both young in career and young at heart.
DISCOUNTS FOR MEMBERS - Increase your bottom line with cost savings benefits by simply being a TACC member
- Compliance Products with a 40% savings, we offer: CA & Federal Employment Posters (Options include: laminated/ non laminated and English/Spanish), HR Handbook for CA Employers, CA Labor Law Digest, CA required pamphlets, Employee Handbook Software, Exporting Guide for CA Business and Take Charge: Protecting Customers Credit Card Data.
- Employee Savings Tickets program offers discounted tickets and services including amusement parks, movie theatres, trips (near and far), medical procedures, automobile servicing, merchandise, water parks, special events and so much more. Magazines listing these discounts are available from Employee Savings Ticket office or from the Chamber lobby. To use this service, you must bring proof of valid employment with your business. Employee Savings Ticket Office is located at 22410 Hawthorne Blvd., Unit 1, Torrance, CA 90505 or you can reach them by phone at 310-316-3384.
- Daily Breeze Advertising Certificate The Daily Breeze has partnered with the Chamber to maximize your membership investment. This special membership benefit is designed to build your business. The Daily Breeze will match your Chamber membership fee with free advertising when it is matched by the same amount of paid advertising. The Daily Breeze provides unmatched readership in the South Bay and is a proven vehicle for advertisers, large and small.
- Office Depot Program has partnered with the Torrance Chamber to offer your business an opportunity to save approximately 15% to 25% annually on your office supplies. This program is absolutely FREE to join! Click here to join. Once you have joined, a new account package will be sent to you, which will give you access to: Shop online or in the store, save up to 60% off a list of 175 items most commonly purchased by businesses and customize up to 10 items you use the most that may not be on that list, Fast & FREE delivery on qualifying online orders of $50 or more by 5:00 p.m., Copy & Print Depot Services and promotional items, Green Products, Technology Solutions from TechDepot, Office furniture ranging from basic to designer brand, Cleaning & break room supplies! For more information, please contact Pamela.Rice@OfficeDepot.com or Tom.McKiney@OfficeDepot.com
- Member 2 Member Discount Program is a discount program for members by members. There is no cost to members for placing a discount for goods and services and you do not need to be a participant to take advantage of the savings. This program gives your business a vehicle to expose a select discount to thousands of employees of our members’ businesses. Your listing will be published on our website at www.torrancechamber.com and in print, and is subject to change without prior notification. Notice to Participate: This program is only available to members in good standing. To avoid confusion, please notify all employees of Chamber discount.
‘MEMBERS ONLY’ BENEFITS
- Business listings in the Membership Directory/Business Resource Guide
- Business listed in web directory at www.torrancechamber.com
- Access to all group meetings and events
- Editorial submissions available in Torrance Magazine (distributed quarterly on print and online). Learn more about Torrance Magazine and see the latest issue.
- Daily office referrals of TACC members via phone, fax, e-mail or walk in visitors
- Advertising opportunities in the Torrance Magazine, TACC website and Member Directory
- Advertising access to E-mail blasts
- Sponsorship opportunities at Chamber events
- Hosting opportunity at Chamber meetings
- Deep discount access to participate in annual Business Expo trade Show
- Opportunity to participate in annual Premier Investors program
- Access to other business leaders via committees
- Enhancement of visibility with a ribbon cutting to commemorate a Grand Opening or Anniversary
- Free SCORE counseling; once a week and by appointment only
LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY - Supporting the interests of business before all levels of government
- TACC Political Action Committee seeks, endorses and supports candidates to run for public office at the city, county, state and federal levels, whose views represent the business of this region
- GAP – The Government Affairs Policy group is comprised of Chamber members which act as legislative and regulatory analysts for local business by reviewing bills on local, county, state and federal levels and lobby for support or opposition to proposed legislation
- California Legislative Summit – Members of the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce travel to Sacramento to meet with elected officials and lobbyists to work on proposed legislation with the goal of sustaining a positive business climate in California.
- Access D.C. In partnership with the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, this annual federal outreach to Washington D.C. allows face to face meetings with national legislative representatives on business issues
- South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce ( SBACC) - The Torrance Chamber is a key component of this 15 community regional alliance that works on legislative matters impacting this region.
- U.S. Chamber Legislative Conference - This annual meeting of Chamber professionals and business leaders brings together those who work diligently on legislative matters affecting the Western United States.